Organic Iron Rich Beet Root Powder 4 oz
- Many Nutrients in Few Calories. Beets are loaded with vitamins and minerals and low in calories and fat. They also contain inorganic nitrates and pigments, both of which have a number of health benefits.
- Help Keep Blood Pressure in Check. Beets contain a high concentration of nitrates, which have a blood pressure-lowering effect. This may lead to a reduced risk of heart attacks, heart failure and stroke.
- Can Improve Athletic Performance. Eating beets may enhance athletic performance by improving oxygen use and time to exhaustion. To maximize their effects, beets should be consumed 2–3 hours prior to training or competing.
- May Help Fight Inflammation. Beets may have a number of anti-inflammatory effects. However, further research in humans is required to confirm this theory.
- May Help Support Brain Health. Beets contain nitrates, which may help increase blood flow to the brain, improve cognitive function and possibly reduce the risk of dementia. However, more research in this area is needed.
- May Have Some Anti-Cancer Properties. Studies in isolated human cells and rats have shown that the pigments in beets may help reduce the growth of cancer cells.
Evidence is limited and information is not to be used as diagnostic or treatment purposes. Please talk to your doctor if you plan on adding any products to your diet.