Whether you like the taste, the benefits, or just making delicious adult beverages, summer kombucha cocktails are a great way to make your favorite drink a hit at parties! We have selected a few recipes that we think would be perfect for the kids (mocktails) and the adults.
Just be sure you to clearly separate the kombucha cocktails and the mocktails when you make them in large batches, as some of your guests might be avoiding alcohol or too young to drink.
- Kombucha Punch
– Use a 2‑inch peeled fresh ginger, chopped finely (use a microplane if you have one)
– 1 tablespoon (½ ounce) freshly squeezed lime juice (or about ½ of a lime)
– 1 tablespoon (½ ounce) freshly squeezed lemon juice (or about ¼ of a lemon)
– 2 tablespoons simple syrup
– 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) kombucha (you can use any flavor, but a fruit based flavor will work best)
– 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) vodka
– 5 dashes bitters
– Twist of lemon peel, to garnish
– Ice to stir with
– Note: Muddling some fresh fruit with add a bit more of the flavor you’re going for, so if you’re using the Blueberry Green Tea to make a homemade kombucha, muddle some fresh blueberries to give it an extra refreshing flavor!
Place your microplaned ginger in the bottom of a cocktail shaker with your blueberries and muddle them. Fill the shaker halfway with ice, and add lime juice, lemon juice, kombucha, vodka, simple syrup, and bitters. Shake well and pour the strained liquor into a chilled martini glass or over ice and garnish with a twisted peel of lemon for a kick of citrus.
- Kombucha Citrus Sangria
As many of you might be aware, it’s much easier to make a large batch of sangria and pour it into individual glasses than it is to make them individually and muddle them in each glass.
– 1 bottle dry white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
– 28 ounces of kombucha (you can make your own or bought kombucha. Try to pick a citrus based tea like a Lemon Ginseng to make your homemade version)
– 1/4 cup pure rum
– 1/4 cup of raw honey (more or less depending on how sweet you want it)
– 2 lemons, sliced/halved
– 2 oranges, sliced/peeled/quartered
– 1 grapefruit, sliced/peeled/quartered
Combine all in a large jug or pitcher and allow it to sit for 4 hours or longer before serving. If you want to speed up the process, we suggest giving the fruits a light muddle to better release the juices and small pieces throughout the pitcher. It is optional to store in the fridge depending on temperature preference and time that it is needed.
If you aren’t doing a rush job, make it the night before and let it sit in the fridge for as long as you can for maximum flavor!
- Strawberry Ginger Kombucha Moscow Mule
– Blend 18 medium strawberries
– 2-4 tablespoons honey, agave, or coconut nectar
– 4-5 limes
– 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of freshly microplaned ginger
– 32 oz ginger based kombucha
– 6 to 9 oz of vodka
– Ice to shake and chill
Place the strawberries in your blender with 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, and the ginger. Blend until thoroughly pureed and taste for sweetness. Add more honey or ginger if desired. Pour into a sealable container. Strain seeds through a fine mesh strainer if desired. Strawberry puree can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for about 3 days.
Pour about 1.5oz vodka into a glass, along with 5-6oz kombucha, 1/2 juiced lime (strained), and about 3 tablespoons of strawberry puree. Stir until the puree is fully combined (it looks a bit murky at first), add a few ice cubes, and give another stir.
Garnish with a few strawberry slices, lime, or a thin slice of fresh ginger. Serve with a small spoon or straw for stirring.
Note: Blending the strawberries is great, but if you’d prefer to, you can use a strawberry kombucha and add more ginger to the mix. We actually use Organic Strawberry Fields in our homemade kombucha and use less freshly muddled strawberries for a more robust strawberry flavor!
Another Fun Idea
Leave out the alcohol on these recipes, and you can have tasty virgin mocktail option. If you’re hosting a party or just enjoying some leisurely beverages on a warm afternoon, it’s nice to make a non-alcoholic version so that the kids can feel involved too!
Try Some Kombucha on Tap!
If you have any questions about our kombuchas or our teas, give us a call at (714) 884-3449. Or you come by our shop at the historic Jabberwocky building located at 434 El Camino Real in Tustin. We have kits to get you started on making your own kombucha cocktails, or you can try our kombucha on tap in the store!